1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1 large carrot, small chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 cups beef broth
1 can original Rotes tomatoes
1 small can green chiles, drained well
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add beef and brown.
- Drain off grease.
- Add carrot, onion, garlic and bell pepper sautéing until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and hot sauce.
- Cover and bring to a FULL simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and green chiles.
- Return to a simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas or corn bread and a dollop of sour cream. Sometimes we serve it over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.