BUTTER DIP BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick, MELTED
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
QUALITY honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450˚.
- Pour half of the melted butter into an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, stirring until a loose dough forms. Batter will be sticky.
- Add biscuit dough into baking dish on top of the melted butter, smoothing the dough to level out.
- Pour remaining melted butter over top of dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and biscuits spring back to the touch.
- Rotate dish periodically during baking for even browning.
- Cut into squares and serve warm drizzled with honey.