Beef top round, cut into 4 thin milanesa steaks
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
1 stalk celery, sliced on the diagonal
3 green carrots, sliced on the diagonal
1 shallot halved and sliced thin
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 cup pretzels
1 cup animal cookies
2 eggs, room temperature
3 tablespoons butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Grind pretzels and animal cookies into a fine dust. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Whisk together the eggs until well blended.
- Immerse steaks into eggs.
- Dredge steaks into pretzel dust.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and sear 2 minutes per side. Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add carrots and celery to skillet, sauteing until beginning to soften.
- Add shallots and garlic, sauteing a few minutes more.
- Add chicken broth and cook a few minutes until reduced.
- Whisk together the liquid aminos, pineapple juice and cornstarch into a slurry.
- Stir pineapple and slurry into the vegetables cooking to desired consistency.
- Serve over steak and rice.