ROASTED ASPARAGUS in CAJUN HOLLANDAISE SAUCE – serves 4
1 1/2 pounds asparagus
2 1/2 tablespoons Avocado oil
1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s or Slap Ya Mama Creole Seasoning
Pinch paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cover baking sheet in foil.
- Snap off woody asparagus ends.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and seasoning, turning to coat.
- Roast until asparagus is is tender and beginning to darken in color.
- Top with sauce and serve immediately.
8 tablespoons salted butter
2 LARGE egg yolks
Juice of 1 small lemon
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s or Slap Ya Mama Creole Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Frank’s original hot sauce
- Melt butter in a small saucepan until sizzling.
- Pulse egg yolks in a small food processor.
- Add lemon juice.
- VERY SLOWLY drizzle in the hot butter. Sauce will immediately begin to thicken.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, pepper and hot sauce, blending JUST until combined.
- Drizzle sauce over asparagus and serve immediately.
NOTE: If sauce thickens too much, add 1 tablespoon hot water at a time until you reach desired consistency.