BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/4 cup Bleu cheese dressing
1/4 cup Frank’s original hot sauce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the soup mixture, dressing, hot sauce and half of the cheese.
- Fold in onions and celery.
- Spread into slow cooker.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken and fold into sauce.
- Fold in prepared pasta and remaining cheese.