SAVORY FRIED CABBAGE
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped Red onion or shallot
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small head cabbage, quartered and then shredded
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion to the bacon fat, cooking 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minutes or so.
- Add the cabbage, vinegar and pepper flakes. Cook and stir 15-20 minutes until cabbage is tender.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Add bacon back in and serve hot.