All this started because one of my favorite munchkins brought me a cabbage from her class. 😀 It was this straggly looking thing, but then it grew and grew and grew into a HUGE head that I was able to make 3 meals from 😀
BEEF & CABBAGE STIR FRY
1 Pound ground beef
1/2 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups Shredded Cabbage
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
2 teaspoona Siracha (more or less depending on your preference)
2 teaspoon Ginger, minced
2 tablespoons QUALITY Honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
FRESH ground salt & pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onions with the ground beef. Drain WELL.
- Add in garlic, carrots & red peppers.
- Whisk together the liquid aminos, Siracha, honey, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When the beef is browned and the peppers and onions are soft, add in the cabbage
- Once cabbage has slightly wilted, add in the soy mixture, mix well and allow to cook about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Add in the sesame oil and toss well.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or by itself!