TUSCAN CHICKEN adapted from AMY & JACK
Make this Italian inspired Creamy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken or you will regret it! Make sure you make enough to have leftovers to make their Tuscan Chicken Lasagna too!
The tender chicken immersed in a simple, yet richly balanced creamy garlic sauce with caramelized mushrooms and sweet sun-dried tomatoes. It’s crazy satisfying and a super easy weeknight meal too!
4 – 6 skinless chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
8 ounces Beech mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 small shallot halved and sliced
4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup torn spinach
½ cup heavy cream
¼ – ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup cold water
- Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More function. Wait until it says HOT. This prevents chicken from sticking to the pot. Brown Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts:
- Pat dry chicken and generously season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add in 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or avocado oil.
- Add chicken to brown. Brown for 3 1/2 minutes. Flip and brown the other side for 2 minutes. Set the chicken aside.
- Add minced garlic, then saute for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, season with salt and black pepper, sauteing for a minute.
- Add 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings and saute another minute.
- Whisk together the Bragg’s liquid aminos and chicken stock to deglaze Instant Pot. Be sure and scrape up all the bits from the bottom.
- Add the browned chicken and any meat juice that accumulated. Pressure cook chicken at Thighs for 5 minutes at high pressure + Natural Release of 10 minutes or Breasts for 4 minutes at high pressure + Natural Release 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release remaining pressure. Set aside chicken.
- Bring the liquid mixture back to a boil using the Saute button.
- Add in torn spinach leaves and sun-dried tomatoes, then cook for 30 seconds. Give them a quick stir.
- Mix in 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/4 – 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Thicken Tuscan Chicken Sauce & Seasoning:
- Whisk together 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mixture one third at a time to thicken sauce until desired thickness.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Add chicken back in and give it a quick mix before serving. Delicious over creamy mashed potatoes, prepared pasta or risotto.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.