CHICKEN FLAUTA RING
2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded **
1 small red onion, chopped small
1 large ripe tomato, chopped
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
18 flour tortillas fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
guacamole and avocado slices, for garnish
sour cream, for garnish
salsa, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken pieces, onion, tomato, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, the lime juice, and taco seasoning, mixing thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one of the tortillas on a cutting board.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the bottom edge of the tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly and cut in half crosswise.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and filling.
- Arrange the flautas in a circle on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with half of the remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place a second layer of flautas on top of the first so they are overlapping.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the rest of the flautas on top for a third layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Place a spoonful of guacamole and sour cream in the center. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with green onions and salsa.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- **ROTISSERIE chicken works great!
- I use my pizza pan wrapped in foil to get them really crisp!