CHICKEN CORDON BLEU MEATBALL PASTA BAKE serves 6-8 adapted from Twisted Food
1 pound ground chicken
1 egg beaten
½ cup FRESH breadcrumbs
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped parsley
2 green onions, FINELY minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
FRESH ground Salt and pepper
Cubed Tavern ham
Cubed swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form into golf ball sized balls.
- Flatten each ball on your palm and place one piece of ham and a cube of Swiss cheese.
- Wrap and roll into a ball. Continue with rest of mix.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Pan fry meatballs until golden brown all around.
- Remove and wipe out the pan.
2 tablespoons avocado oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 tablespoons WONDRA flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
12 ounces penne pasta, prepared
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup grated Swiss cheese, divided
1 cup grated Mozzarella, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup pasta water
- Preheat an oven to 350º.
- Add the butter and let it melt, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken stock until combined and smooth then pour in the cream.
- Bring to a simmer and stir through the mustard.
- Cover with a lid and let thicken slightly.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, half of each cheese and the meatballs. Stir to coat.
- Pour the pasta mix into a large casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then grill for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.