CHICKEN & BROCCOLI COBBLER yields 4 servings
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 cups cubed sourdough or Brioche bread
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
3 cups SMALL broccoli florets
3 cups torn rotisserie chicken
scant 1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce (homemade, fresh deli or jarred)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons cream sherry
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease baking dish or ramekins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl drizzle butter over bread cubes and toss well. Reserve 1 cup to top casserole with.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss again.
- Whisk together the Alfredo sauce, sour cream and cream sherry.
- In another bowl toss together the broccoli, chicken, bell pepper, onions and sour cream mixture.
- Add half of the bread cube mixture to the broccoli mixture and toss well.
- Spoon broccoli filling into baking dish or ramekins.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and toasted.
NOTE: If using a rotisserie chicken I salvage the juices from the bottom to incorporate with the melted butter to add flavor to the bread cubes.