CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER CHICKEN SOUP
3 pounds small hot house tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
½ red onion
¼ cup chopped parsley
3 cups diced rotisserie chicken
3 tablespoons caramelized balsamic vinegar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
½ cup half and half
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
Crumbled bacon for garnish
- Halve and seed red pepper.
- Holding pepper with tongs roast pepper halves over burner flame. Set aside to cool.
- Small dice the red onion.
- Small dice the red pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato.
- Add tomatoes to boiling water and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 minutes or until skins break.
- Using a slotted spoon immediately transfer tomatoes to ice water.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off and place tomatoes in a bowl.
- In a small stock pot heat avocado oil.
- Add onion, cooking a minute or so to soften.
- Add red pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until soft and oil is absorbed.
- Add parsley.
- Using an immersion blender, cream tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes to pan, stirring to blend well.
- Season to taste.
- Add vinegar and chicken broth, blending well. Cook 5-10 minutes.
- Add half and half, stirring to blend.
- Fold in chicken pieces.
- Add butter, stirring until melted and blended well.