GRILLED CHICKEN RAMEN with PEANUT SAUCE
3-3 ounce packages of Ramen
2 (1+1) tablespoons avocado oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and then cut into pieces
3/4 cup match stick carrots
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
3/4 cup salted peanuts
- Prepare sauce (recipe below) and set aside.
- Cut chicken tender in half lengthwise and then cut each of those pieces in half.
- Discard ramen flavor packets.
- Cook ramen in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and toss in serving bowl with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Cover and set aside.
- Coat chicken pieces with remaining oil and grill or sear in cast iron until chicken is seared on the outside and cooked through.
- Toss chicken in sauce with vegetables.
- Serve over prepared ramen, cucumbers and garnish with green onions.
1/2 cup salted creamy peanut butter (see note)
2-3 tablespoons BRAGG’S liquid aminos
2 tablespoons maple syrup
+/- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, depending on your heat level
Juice of 2 FRESH limes
+/- 1/4 cup water (to thin)
- Whisk together the peanut butter, liquid aminos, maple syrup, chili sauce and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add water a little at a time until a thick BUT pourable sauce is formed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, chili garlic sauce for heat, lime juice for acidity, or liquid aminos for saltiness.
- Almond butter or Cashew butter SUBSTITUTE WELL for Peanut butter.
- If your sauce becomes too thin, add more nut butter.
- If your sauce is too thick, thin with more water.
- FRESH grated ginger to taste adds another great flavor.