BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES serves 6
6 slices bacon
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
¼ cup PACKED brown sugar
¼ cup butter
2 teaspoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
FRESH ground black pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange bacon on baking sheet and cook 5-6 minutes JUST until fat starts to render, but NOT browned.
- Cool bacon on paper toweling.
- Wipe down baking sheet.
- Arrange asparagus into 6 bundles.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each bundle securing with a toothpick.*see notes
- Arrange on baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, liquid aminos, brown sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour over asparagus.
- Roast 20-25 minutes until asparagus is tender and bacon is cooked through.
- Heat broiler.
- Place baking sheet under broiler for 2 minutes JUST until bacon crisps up.
NOTE: If your bacon pieces are long enough you can tuck them in and place the tucked portion on the bottom to avoid the need of toothpicks all together.