PEACH WILD BLUEBERRY PIE
I LOVE THIS RECIPE! It’s quick, easy and SUPER versatile using simple ingredients and ready in no time at all!
scant 1 cup water
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1 cup small WILD blueberries**
5 cups FRESH Peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into large chop**
- In a large saucepan whisk together the water, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and cook 5-10 minutes over medium-high heat until mixture becomes thick. Stir constantly to prevent lumps in your mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon whisking until smooth.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Fold in peach pieces and blueberries.
- Allow the filling to cool down completely before filling the pie shell.
- **You can use canned or frozen fruit though I really don’t recommend it, but if you do use it make sure they are thawed and drained REALLY WELL!
- Other terrific flavor combinations are:
Plum and Cherry
Peach and Raspberry