THYME BALSAMIC PORK CHOPS
4 LARGE bone-in pork chops
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
1 shallot sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons FRESH minced thyme
2 tablespoons orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
- Melt butter and avocado oil in large skillet.
- Generously season pork chops with FRESH ground sea salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to skillet and sear 4 minutes, flip and repeat on second side. Transfer pork chops to plate and keep warm.
- Add shallot and garlic to pan, sauteing 2 minutes until tender.
- Add thyme, orange juice, zest and vinegar to skillet, cooking 2-3 minutes until reduced to a glaze consistency.
- Return chops to pan, turning to coat in glaze.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: I used orange pineapple juice and coconut pineapple balsamic vinegar this time and was extremely pleased!