SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS & RICE Yield: 6-8 servings
I think grams originally found this on a Campbell’s soup label and her version was always done in the oven, which is part of what makes it a filling, hearty, winter family meal. Preparing this in the slow cooker makes it even easier and even more versatile! A little goes a long way, making it super easy and budget friendly too!
4 boneless pork chops
1 bunch green onions, chopped or sliced thin
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 – 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (see notes)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper, to taste
1 stick of butter, cubed
- Spray the slow cooker insert with non-stick spray.
- Add the pork chops.
- Top with onions.
- Whisk together the mushroom soup, chicken broth, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over pork chops and onions.
- Add the cubes of butter on top.
- Replace lid and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Remove lid and shred the pork chops.
2 cups long grain white rice
1 cup water
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the rice and 1 cup of water.
- Stir to make sure the rice is covered with liquid and replace the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes to one more hour, or until rice is done cooking.
- Remove the lid, add the shredded cheese, and stir.
- I change up the soup flavor to my likes of the day 😀
- I also sometimes skip the rice portion and make potatoes instead.