LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
2 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
PURE maple syrup
1/2 cup small wild blueberries
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice and milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, vanilla and milk mixture until blended.
- Stir milk mixture into the flour mixture JUST until blended. Add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time if batter is too thick.
- Coat griddle with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear along the edges and batter dries on top.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Keep warm in low heat oven between batches.
- Serve with syrup and berries.