PASTA with CREAMY ARTICHOKE RAGU serves 4
2 LARGE jars marinated artichoke hearts
2 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon butter
6 LARGE white mushrooms, sliced thin
1 small shallot, sliced thin or small diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons heavy cream
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
12 ounces campagnelle pasta, prepared per package directions and reserving cooking water
1/4 cup FRESH minced parsley
FRESH grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut leaves from artichoke hearts. Trim and discard any leaves that are stiff or dried out. Cut hearts into quarters. Drain on paper toweling.
- Pulse bread in food processor until finely ground.
- Heat butter in skillet until melted.
- Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly until crumbs begin to color.
- Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and cook another couple minutes until golden and toasted. Remove from heat. Pour bread crumbs into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Add shallots, garlic, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and leaves, cooking 5-7 minutes.
- Add wine to de-glaze pan.
- Lower heat to medium and add cream, stirring to blend and coat well, cooking 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and Parmesan cheese, blending well.
- Add pasta water as necessary to desired sauce consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Top with bread crumb mixture and parsley.
NOTE: Hubby hates mushrooms so I actually make 2 separate pans for this recipe. I also often add pieces of shredded roasted chicken as a protein, but it’s just as easy to sear up a couple boneless, skinless chicken thighs to shred into it.