SPINACH ARTICHOKE RAVIOLI LASAGNA Yields 8 servings
This is a GREAT and super EASY shortcut lasagna that packs an extra punch of flavor!
3 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
2 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1-14 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (see notes) and chopped
2 cups frozen spinach, defrosted, drained WELL and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 pounds frozen cheese ravioli (see notes)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk the flour into the butter and garlic and cook until the mixture is bubbling and golden, 1 minute more. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring mixture to a simmer then stir in cream cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Let simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in artichoke hearts and spinach, then add lemon juice and red pepper flakes, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of your prepared sauce onto the bottom of a 9″-x-13″ baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Lay ravioli in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish, then top with half the prepared sauce and a thin layer of cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ravioli, most of the remaining sauce and another thin layer of cheese.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and ravioli are tender.
- If you’d like the top to be more golden, broil on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- I drain and save the oil marinade to use for future meals.
- I usually prepare half again as much sauce because we like it saucy 😀
- By having a choice on the ravioli, it can easily be vegetarian or protein packed with a meat 😀