SCALLOPED POTATO TURNIP GRATIN
4 tablespoons butter
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
1 pound turnips, peeled and thinly sliced
1 pound YUKON gold potatoes, thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH thyme
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH oregano
1/3 cup chopped Italian Parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup FRESH grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- LIGHTLY spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Alternately layer turnip and potato slices.
- Generously sprinkle with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Repeat with a second layer and sprinkle again with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- In a skillet melt the butter.
- Add the green onions and saute 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add garlic, thyme, oregano, parsley and heavy whipping cream, cooking until thickened.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and turnip, smoothing evenly.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until cooked through and golden.