Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted over at From This Side of the Pond
1. Last time you moved house? Something you’ve learned in moving house? Last time we moved was a surreal and emotional move. We had been rehabbing my grandparent’s house for my uncle (who eventually swindled us out of about $75,000 – but that’s another story). It was a cross country move, so pretty expensive. The thing I have learned the most is to ONLY move the most important things. If it’s a cross country move there are a ton of things that are better donated and repurchased on the other end – things like toasters, coffee pots, patio furniture which is big, bulky and heavy, etc…
2. Move mountains, move along, make a wrong move, moved to tears, get a move on, move up, move over, move out of the way, move the deck chairs on the Titanic, move it!…pick one and tell us how it fits your recent circumstances. Tough topic in this COVID world we are living in since I feel like I’m not moving at all, except in circles while we wait for the world to calm itself down. So of those choices, I guess I’ll move on. Move on as in taking one day at a time and moving forward despite all that is going on around us.
3. What have you been doing to make yourself move (aka stay fit-active) during these strange times? When this all began I spent a ton of time outside – we literally had most of the summer projects done during the spring which included new garden beds, flowers, pruning and pressure washing all the concrete surfaces.
4. This week’s calendar includes celebrations for the following foods- National Coffee Milkshake Day (Sunday), National Creme Brûlée Day (Monday), National Milk Chocolate Day (Tuesday), National Chicken Wing Day (Wednesday), National Lasagne Day (Wednesday), National Cheesecake Day (Thursday), and National Avocado Day (Friday)
Which one on the list would you be most inclined to celebrate? I would definitely celebrate Milk Chocolate Day, Chicken Wing Day, Lasagna Day, Cheesecake Day and Avocado Day.
Which would you be most inclined to skip? I would skip Coffee Milkshake Day and Creme Brulee Day – not a fan of either one.
5. Next week’s Hodgepodge lands in August! I know!! Raise your hand if you feel like July flew by in the blink of an eye? Now bid farewell to your July acrostic style.
Bright and Cheery,
Yet dismal and dreary,
Every day starts a new
Just as it’s supposed to.
Until we again realize,
Life goes on and on
Yielding both sadness and happiness.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I have to say that I truly have no random thoughts today. HA HA 😀