This couldn’t be a simpler recipe if you tried.
PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES & CARROT BROCCOLI SLAW
2 cups torn rotisserie chicken pieces
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used a Cherry Chipotle)
- Whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over HIGH heat, simmering 8-10 minutes until reduced by half.
- Stir in chicken and cook several minutes until warmed through.
- Bring YOUR FAVORITE BBQ sauce to a SLOW simmer.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat all the pieces.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Serve on buns with FRESH corn on the cob.
1 1/2 cups shredded matchstick carrots
1/2 cup broccoli matchstick pieces
1/4 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or juice from the pickles
1/2 cup sour cream
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk together the sour cream, vinegar or brine, salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots and broccoli pieces together with dressing.
- Chill several hours before serving.