BACON ROASTED POTATOES
1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon avocado oil
5 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from one sprig and reserved
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 slices bacon, diced and cooked crumbly
3 shallots, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes and thyme with the oil.
- Generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add to fryer basket on top of baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes until potatoes are JUST tender.
- Add shallot wedges and crumbled bacon pieces, tossing to combine.
- Bake another 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Whisk together the vinegar, reserved thyme leaves and any juices from the baking sheet.
- Toss vinegar mixture with potatoes and shallots.