FRENCH ONION PORK TENDERLOIN
LARGE 3 pound pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 SMALL sweet onion, halved and sliced thin
1 SMALL red onion, halved and sliced thin
1 LARGE shallot, sliced thin
several sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped small
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix OR KNORR vegetable soup mix
Fresh ground black pepper and salt, to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup cream sherry
1 3/4 tablespoons Wonder flour
chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute’ until translucent.
- Add tarragon and cook 10-15 minutes more until onions are browned.
- Generously season pork roast with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Push onions to the edge of the pan and add pork roast, searing quickly on each side.
- Season melted butter and pour evenly over tenderloin.
- Whisk together the wine, cream sherry, chicken broth and soup mix. Pour over tenderloin and onions.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Roast 30 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Remove to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice pork.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or cornbread stuffing and top with gravy.