ORANGE BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup water chestnut, diced small
2⁄3 cup mushroom, diced small
1 small shallot, diced
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 leaves butter lettuce
1/2-1 cup crispy rice noodles
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
- Add shallots and green onions to pan sautéing until soft.
- Add water chestnuts, garlic, mushrooms and ginger, sautéing a few minutes more.
- Add stir fry sauce and stir until well blended.
- When chicken is cool, shred it as small as the mushrooms and water chestnuts pieces are.
- Add chicken into mixture, toss to blend and coat well.
STIR FRY SAUCE
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
1⁄2 cup water
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons water
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 cloves garlic, minced 1
2 teaspoons Siracha
- Whisk together the sugar and water in a small bowl until completely dissolved.
- Add liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, orange marmalade and desired amount of Siracha whisking until well blended.
- Serve each helping in a lettuce leaf.
- Top with a handful of crispy rice noodles.
- Pour Special sauce over the wraps.