THIS WEEK’S PRAYER:
Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive, from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen.
CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
2 cups dry rotini pasta
1/2 pound snap peas, trimmed and halved
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1 LARGE shallot, small diced
1/4 cup FRESH chopper parsley
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced or rough grated
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, diced (optional)
3 tablespoons tarragon rice vinegar (or flavor of choice)
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1/2 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian dressing, mustard (if using), salt and pepper until emulsified.
- In a large mixing bowl toss cooled pasta, snap peas, shallots, Parsley, artichoke heart pieces and chicken pieces together.
- Pour vinegar mixture over and toss again.
- Fold in tomatoes and cheese, tossing to coat well.
- Chill several hours before serving.