BROKEN aka SKILLET aka C.O.R.N. LASAGNA
12 ounces of your favorite pasta or tortellini or a combo of both
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1-2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken pieces
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 medium onion, diced
2 large carrots, FINELY diced
3 garlic cloves, FINELY minced
1 cup beef or chicken broth
2 cups marinara homemade sauce (jar sauce is good in a pinch)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup FRESH grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup FRESH grated QUALITY Parmesan cheese
12-15 basil leaves, chiffonaded
- Prepare pasta and/or tortellini per package directions.
- In a LARGE skillet or saute pan heat the oil to sizzling.
- Add hamburger and brown to ALMOST done.
- Add carrots and onions, continuing to saute until browned and carrots are soft. Drain off any excess fat as necessary.
- Add garlic and saute a minute or two more.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Add broth, marinara sauce and chicken pieces. Simmer 10-15 minutes until the sauce slightly reduces to your desired consistency.
- Fold in ricotta cheese, mozzarella, basil and pasta, heating through 2-3 minutes more.
- Toss to combine.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and some basil.
NOTE: This is the perfect dish to clean out your crisper drawer and/or pasta bins.