There is almost no prep time for this recipe, it is so so versatile and the slow cooker actually does all the work! The whole family will be licking their plates when this creamy angel chicken recipe is on the menu. Serve it over a bed of angel hair pasta, mashed potatoes, biscuits, or rice. It’s one of our favorite weeknight recipes.
ZESTY CREAMED CHICKEN
1.5 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can cream of chicken soup** (see notes)
¾ cup chicken stock
¼ cup Philadelphia cream cheese
¼ cup butter
1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
Prepared pasta, jasmine rice or mashed potatoes for serving
chopped herbs, for garnish
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken breasts in a single layer if possible.
- Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted enough to stir together smoothly.
- Whisk in the undiluted cream of chicken soup, Italian dressing mix, minced garlic and chicken stock until well mixed.
- Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Turn chicken breast to coat in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred chicken into sauce using 2 forks.
- Serve the chicken over pasta, jasmine rice or mashed potatoes
- Cream of just about any flavor (celery, nacho cheese, mushroom, etc…) works with this recipe.
- You can substitute white wine for the chicken broth.
- You can also substitute a flavored cream cheese.