CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD PUDDING with MAPLE SAUCE yields 2 pans
12 cups combination of torn croissant pieces and sourdough pieces
6 cups half and half
12 LARGE eggs
2 cups VERY ripe mashed bananas (about 6 LARGE)
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons PURE vanilla
1 tablespoon QUALITY cinnamon
2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9×13 pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss bread and croissant pieces with the chocolate chips.
- Mash bananas.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Fold in bananas.
- Arrange bread and croissant mixture loosely in the pans.
- Pour banana egg mixture evenly over bread pieces.
- Gently press the the bread into the custard mixture so bread absorbs the custard.
1 1/2 cups toasted chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups PACKED brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle butter into brown sugar nut mixture, stirring to mix well.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the bread pieces.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until golden and cooked through and set well.
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup PACKED brown sugar
- In a sauce pan whisk together the maple syrup and brown sugar 5-7 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and mixture ALMOST boils.
- Remove from heat and serve over warm banana bread.
- Mash bananas, but leave them a bit chunky.
- A powdered sugar sprinkle makes a good alternative to the maple sauce if serving for a potluck or buffet.
- Adding rum soaked raisins gives it a real kick too!