POTATO & CORN SALAD
2 pounds YUKON potatoes, bite sized diced
4 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
1 can chopped green chiles, drained well
1 LARGE shallot, diced
2 tablespoons butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup chopped FRESH cilantro
2/3 cup Mexican sour cream
1/3 cup Dukes Hint of Lime mayonnaise
2 LARGE limes, juiced
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
Lime Wedges, for garnish
Minced green onions, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare corn.
- Melt butter in large skillet (preferably cast iron).
- Add corn and shallots, sauteing until corn is a bit charred.
- Add green chiles and FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, sauteing 5 minutes more and then set aside to cool a bit.
- While potatoes are cooking and corn is sauteing, prepare sauce.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar and lime juice.
- After potatoes are drained ad them while still warm to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Fold in the corn mixture and cheese, stirring to blend well.
- Chill several hours until ready to serve.
- Serve with lime wedges and sprinkled minced green onion.