CORNFLAKE CRUSTED CHICKEN SLIDERS with BUTTERMILK SLAW
3 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 to 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
1/2 head cabbage, cored and finely sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chives, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, then transfer the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
3 cups canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 cups cornflakes, crushed
24 ounces chicken tenders (twelve 2-ounce tenders)
12 slider buns, split
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Heat the canola oil in a deep cast-iron skillet until it reaches 350°.
- Combine the buttermilk and Sriracha in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the flour, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper.
- Place the cornflakes in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the seasoned flour, lightly pressing down on the tenders to give them a more even shape.
- Remove the chicken from the flour with your left hand and lightly dip them in the Sriracha buttermilk.
- Shake off excess buttermilk and, with your right hand, roll the tenders in the cornflake crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the tenders until they are completely breaded.
- Set the breaded tenders on baking sheet as you go.
- In two batches, fry the tenders until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes. When done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- Brush the slider buns on both sides with garlic butter.
- Toast the buns, buttered-side down, in a large saute pan over medium heat until golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Layer the bottom buns with a slice of red onion, a slice of tomato and a chicken tender.
- Top with buttermilk slaw and cover with the bun top.
- Arrange the finished sliders on a serving platter and serve immediately.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP , DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS