MINCED BEEF ROLL adapted from Diary of a Stay at home Mom Yield 6 servings
1 and half pounds of beef mince (ground beef)
2 teaspoons of salt
1 bunch green onions, minced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients well, except tomato and onion and mozzarella.
- Press beef mixture out on a sheet of wax paper into a rectangle measuring 30 x 20 cm (about 12 by 6 inches).
- Spread with some diced tomato and onion and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- With the help of the paper, roll up from the long edge, like a Swiss roll.
- Place, seam side down, on an oiled Swiss roll tin a little larger than the meat roll. I use my new Lasagna trio pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread some more diced tomato and onion over the top, and then arrange thin slices of mozzarella, side by side, to cover the top completely.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Serve in thick slices.