The perfect chewy and cheesy snack, appetizer or soup crouton dippers!
2 cups (8 ounce bag) shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups (8 ounce bag) shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 LARGE egg
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg, garlic powder and onion powder until mixed well.
- Fold in shredded cheeses until well blended.
- Spread in an even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Edges will start to crisp and
- Cool slightly and cut into pieces.
- I used a Mozzarella and provolone mix instead of plain Mozzarella and a Parmesan Roman Asiago mix instead of plain Parmesan and it adds just a little extra flavor.
- Add some minced red onion and minced pepperoni chunks to call it CHEESY PIZZA SNACKS!
Wonton Cups full of yummy bacon, jalapeños (or green chiles if you’re a wimp), cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream make the perfect party or game day appetizer!
JALAPENO POPPER WONTON CUPS Yield: 12
12 wonton wrappers, (you’ll find them in the produce section for some weird reason)
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
3/4 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled, reserve 2 tablespoons
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 2 tablespoons
3-4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped (for more spice, do not remove all the seeds and for wimps substitute green chiles – I used HOT green chiles for a middle of the road)
diced green onion for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in bacon pieces, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños or green chiles.
- Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of diced green onion.
VARIATIONS ON THIS RECIPE:
- Bacon can be replaced with ground beef, crumbled sausage or small diced ham
- Add crumbled blue cheese, Gorgonzola or flavor of choice
- Substitute a flavored cream cheese for the plain cream cheese
- Use a Mexican Sour Cream instead of plain
- Add chopped red peppers
- Add chopped onions