HONEY SOY PORK with PEANUT NOODLES
2 boneless pork chops
3 green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
1/4 + 1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1/8 + 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 pound bok choy, halved, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces, keeping bulbs and greens separate
6 pieces spaghetti
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
Sriracha, to taste
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large Ziploc bag or baking dish combine 1/4 cup liquid aminos, 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons honey.
- Pat dry pork chops and add to marinade, turning to coat.
- Cook noodles per package directions, about 8 minutes to al dente’.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, 1/4 cup liquid aminos, 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium high heat add sesame oil until shimmering.
- Add bok choy bulb pieces and green onion whites, sautéing 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage and bok choy leaves, cooking a couple minutes more until leaves wilt.
- Season to taste and transfer to bowl with noodles.
- Remove pork from marinade. and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Return pan to heat and add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- When shimmering add pork chops and sear on both sides until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade to peanut sauce and whisk well.
- Add peanuts and peanut sauce to noodle bowl, tossing to coat.
- Thinly slice pork chops.
- Plate noodles and vegetables.
- Top with pork slices.
- Garnish with green onion tops.