BLUEBERRY LIME CHEESECAKE
1 (3-oz.) box lime Jell-O
1 cup SMALL wild blueberries, thawed and drained WELL
1 cup boiling water
2 cup whipped topping (thaw 5-10 minutes)
2- 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
Pinch of kosher salt
- Place juices in a measuring cup and heat in microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange Jell-O and boiling water until Jell-O is completely dissolved.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, then add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture, then pour half of mixture into cooled Jell-O.
- Whisk until smooth.
24 whole Lemon Oreo cookies, crushed
6 tablespoons melted butter
Pinch of kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together Oreo crumbs, butter, and salt. Press into the bottom of an 8″ spring form pan and partially up the sides.
- Alternate dollops of cream cheese mixture ,Jell-O mixture and blueberries into the crust. You can also do this in layers if you are in a hurry.
- With a butter knife, gently swirl the layers as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for AT LEAST 6 hours, or until firm.
1 cup whipped topping
- When firm, pipe dollops of whipped topping around the outside of the cheesecake. Top each dollop with several blueberries, garnish with orange zest, and serve.
- The batter might feel kind of loose as you’re adding it to the pan—don’t worry! After a couple hours in the refrigerator the cheesecake mixture will be perfectly firm and creamy.
- Also good as a mix of cherry and pineapple jellos as well as orange and vanilla. What flavor combination do you like? Use your imagination!
BANANA LEMON BLUEBERRY* FRENCH TOAST
1 16 ounce loaf DAY OLD sourdough, french or brioche bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 LARGE roasted bananas (OPTIONAL) see note
1 1/2 cup WILD small blueberries*
6 LARGE eggs
4 large egg whites
2 cups milk
1/3 cup PURE maple syrup
ZEST and juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup for serving
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of the roasted bananas on the bottom of the baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in the bread pieces.
- Pour mixture into baking dish evenly.
- Sprinkle blueberries over bread pieces.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with saran and refrigerate over night.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let sit out while you preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes until golden brown and center is set.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar or butter and maple syrup.
- You can substitute the blueberries for just about ANY other berry, peaches or even apples making this recipe just as delicious!
- Let the bread cubes sit out on the counter overnight. The dryer they are, the more custard they will absorb. You want them to be crispy like croutons.
- This can be frozen, but I really don’t recommend it – it always seems soggy to me.
- This is a GREAT way to use up bananas if you need to, but the recipe works wonderfully even without them.
LEMON BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS
4-6 inch pieces of puff pastry
1 lemon, juiced
2 cups small wild blueberries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk egg.
- In a medium bowl stir together the blueberries, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of
- the powdered sugar.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on the parchment paper several inches apart.
- Drain blueberries for a couple minutes.
- Lightly brush the edges of the puff pastry.
- With a slotted spoon divide the blueberry mixture among the puff pastry pieces.
- Gently fold a corner over to form a triangle and secure edges by firmly pressing the edges together with your fingers.
- Brush the outside of the turnovers with the beaten egg.
- Make a 1 inch slice on the top of each turnover.
- Bake the turnovers 14-18 minutes until golden, turning the pan half way through.
- While the turnovers are baking, make the glaze.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. If too thick add a bit more lemon juice.
- When turnovers are done, let cool at least 10 minutes before drizzling glaze over top.
NOTE: I like to use the juice that drain off the blueberries.