CAJUN HONEY BUTTER OR LEMON PEPPER SALMON & SHRIMP
Sweet and savory pan-seared salmon topped with sautéed shrimp in cajun butter sauce. Salmon New Orleans is an unforgettable meal.
4-6 ounce salmon fillets
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
8 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons honey
LEMON PEPPER & SEA SALT seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt
Sweet Hungarian Paprika
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
heaping ½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl whisk together all Cajun OR Lemon Pepper seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season the salmon with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly).
- Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned.
- Transfer salmon pieces to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in cajun seasoning.
- Add shrimp to pan and saute’ until opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp pieces.
- Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
CHILI LIME SALMON with PAN ROASTED STREET CORN serves 4
These flavors blend together so well to create a Cajun fajita mix with crispy roasted peppers that mix with the street corn spice edge to have a party in your mouth all while being completely healthy.
CHILI LIME SALMON
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
1/4 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons FRESH ground sea salt
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
4 salmon fillets of even sizes
1/2 pound mini sweet peppers, de-seeded and cut into rings
1 small Vidalia onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Arrange oven shelf about 6 inches below broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray; set aside.
Whisk together the lime juice, minced parsley, avocado oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin and salt until well blended.
- Add the honey and whisk again until the honey is well blended with the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss peppers and onions with half of the honey mixture.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on baking sheet.
- With a slotted spoon remove peppers and onions arranging around the salmon fillets in a single layer.
- Pour the honey mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Broil about 10 minutes until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining honey sauce for added flavor.
While salmon pan is broiling, prepare corn. BUT, BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE SALMON TO AVOID BURNING.
PAN ROASTED STREET CORN
4 whole Corn Cobs, husked and kernels cut from the cob
2 tablespoons Butter, softened
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 pinch Cayenne
1 pinch each FRESH ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1/2 cup crumbled Cotija Cheese
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter.
- Add corn kernels, sautéing until beginning to caramelize.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, liquid aminos, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle mayo mixture over corn kernels, stirring to coat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.