I found this recipe on Facebook via Chasity Blankenship-Reed. I have changed it a little bit. YUMMY!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIES – yields 1 dozen muffin size brownies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon water
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (divided 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips (divided 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup KRAFT caramel bits
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl combine sugar, softened butter, and water.
- Microwave on high for about 45 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda, stirring until combined. Allow the batter to cool to room temperature (it won’t take very long).
- Then, stir in 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If it doesn’t happen then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir.
- While brownies are still warm spoon about a tablespoon full of peanut butter into the center of each brownie.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup of milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips and caramels bits.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- To reheat the brownies just pop ‘em in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
I originally posted this back in 2015 after a family reunion where these Peanut Butter Burgers were a HUGE hit. They really taste better than they sound. The peanut butter gives the burger a real nutty taste, and makes it a very juicy burger. And since I can no longer eat the bun, these are a perfect meal for me.
PEANUT BUTTER BURGERS
1-1/2 pound lean hamburger or ground sirloin
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter, softened
Toppings of your choice (I like to add an additional small scoop of peanut butter on top and let it melt)
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Shape into patties.
- Refrigerate patties for at least two hours. Chilling the patties helps hold their shape.
- Grill on the BBQ to desired doneness.
NOTE: This recipe is very flexible. Almost any spice or seasoning works well with it. DO NOT add bread crumbs, the peanut butter and the chilling will hold them together just fine.
Hubby is loving the new style of cooking. I’m trying to make recipes that leave plenty of easy to eat for lunch items also. These slow cooker recipes are perfect for while I’m “LEARNING” to eat again. These allow me to cook a few times a week with plenty of C.O.R.N. (Clean Out Refrigerator Night) in between.
PINEAPPLE PEANUT BUTTER RIBS
3 1/2 pounds baby back ribs, cut in half
11.5 ounce frozen juice concentrate (orange pineapple) thawed
6 ounces pineapple juice
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk together the juice concentrate, liquid aminos, peanut butter, cilantro, ginger, garlic and sugar. Reserve 3/4 cup for dipping sauce later.
- Place ribs in a large ziplock bag or marinated.
- Pour marinade over top and turn ribs to coat, cover and seal.
- Marinade for 8 hours or overnight, turning ribs periodically.
- Remove ribs from marinade.
- Stand ribs around the slow cooker if deep enough. If not, loosely layer ribs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook 5 more hours.
- Heat reserved sauce and served with ribs for dipping.
NOTE: Standing the ribs will bring them into contact with the best heat source for crispy brown edges like they had been smoked for hours.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP CLUSTERS
1 sheet puff pastry
1-2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
12 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup mini marshmallows
Thaw pastry sheet for 40 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine sugar and cinnamon.
Unfold pastry sheet onto lightly floured surface.
LIGHTLY spread butter across entire sheet.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Cut into 12-3 inch squares.
Press 1 piece into each muffin cup.
Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in center.
Top with a chocolate pieces, raisins and 3-4 marshmallows.
Bake 12 minutes or until golden.
Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool another 10 minutes.
Hubby gave them 2 thumbs up!! I think next time I’ll spread the peanut butter out a little more.
OPTIONAL: bits of peanuts, craisins, etc… or whatever else you may like!