1 new york strip steak per person
1 LARGE Vidalia onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat meat dry.
- Generously sprinkle meat with garlic salt, sea salt and white pepper to taste.
- Using a mandoline slice onion as thin as possible.
- Place half the onions on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay steaks on top of onions.
- Top with remaining onions.
- Seal with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Check for tenderness.
- Bake another 30 minutes as necessary.
PARMESAN GARLIC POMMES ANNA
1-2 Yukon potatoes per person
- 1 tablespoon butter per person, sliced very thin
- Using mandoline slice potatoes on thinnest setting.
- Spray baking dish with PURE.
- Arrange potatoes in layers, sprinkling with garlic salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese between each layer and on top.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Top with butter slices and then a bit more Parmesan cheese and bake with beef the last 30 minutes until crisp and tender.
LOVE MY NEW TOOL! It’s an OXO hand held mandoline. There are 3 thickness sizes and best of all a lock! The lock prevents those cuts that are inevitable otherwise.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
Cooking Thursday is hosted by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Weekend Cooking Creations is hosted by Jennifer.