CREAM OF TOMATO CHICKEN with RICE
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups tomato puree
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Large shallot, finally chopped
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped basil
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1/2 cup long grain rice
Bacon Crumbles (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring broth and shallot to a SLOW boil.
- Add tomato puree, brown sugar, rice, celery salt, garlic powder and basil.
- Simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in buttermilk and chicken pieces until well blended.
- Season to taste and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Serve in a toasted bread bowl or with toasted croutons.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon if desired.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
2 tablespoons butter
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
+/-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups asparagus pieces (1 bunch cleaned, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Saute chicken pieces, shallot, garlic and red chili pepper flakes for 6-8 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes more.
- Whisk together the liquid aminos and honey. Add to skillet and cook another couple minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.
PAELLA STYLE CHICKEN & RICE
1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pound Andouille (smoked pork) sausage, thinly sliced
1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quartered
1 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 fennel bulb with feathers, sliced saving feathers for garnish
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon saffron
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 cups Arborio (Italian short grain) rice
1 cup water
3/4 cup dry sherry
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound small shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large saute’ pan over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and brown about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to a plate and cover.
- Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon to a plate and cover.
- Add remaining oil to pan.
- Add fennel, onions and bell pepper to pan sauteing until fennel softens.
- Stir in garlic, paprika, salt and saffron, stirring until fragrant and sizzling.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring 5 minutes to blend well.
- Add rice and coat well. Add water, chicken broth and sherry. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Arrange chicken and shrimp on top of rice, cooking another 5 minutes covered to heat chicken and shrimp through.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and Enjoy.