This is the perfect spring salad full of sweet and tangy fruit and asian blended flavors.
TERIYAKI SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
16 ounces fusilli pasta, prepared per package directions and WELL drained
1/2 cup avocado oil
2/3 cup champagne vinegar
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/3 cup sugar
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
2 cans mandarin oranges, WELL DRAINED
2 small cans water chestnuts, WELL DRAINED
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts or cashews
2 cups torn baby spinach leaves or romaine lettuce
5 ounces dried cranberries (Craisins)
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
1/2 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Add prepared pasta and chicken pieces to a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the avocado oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, sugar and pepper.
- Pour over pasta and chicken, tossing to coat well.
- Top with mandarin oranges, water chestnuts, cranberries and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Just before serving add cashews, tossing well to mix.
SPINACH SALAD with PEACH VINAIGRETTE serves 6-8 adapted from Alli Kelley from Longourn Farms
4 cups baby spinach or favorite lettuce mix
4 cups coleslaw mix
+/- 1 cup Craisins
1/2 cup candied walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 large peach, peeled and sliced
Peach vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- Toss together the spinach and coleslaw in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle in the raisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss together.
- Drizzle dressing over, tossing periodically until desired amount is reached.
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup diced peaches (with skin removed)
2 tablespoons celery seeds
- Blend all the ingredients except the celery seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in celery seeds.
Gazpacho is Spanish in tradition, but with the addition of the Feta cheese I feel like it is more of a Greek and Spanish fusion. Hubby loves the Mediterranean flavors while I pass on it every time, but it’s a GREAT recipe for a BBQ or picnic.
GREEK GAZPACHO PASTA SALAD
1 pound rotini, prepared al dente and rinsed in cold water and drained
14 1/2 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup FRESH basil leaves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup avocado oil (or olive if you prefer)
- Process tomatoes, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar with a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and gently fold in.
1 cucumber, halved, seeded, and chopped
1 red pepper, halved, seeded, and chopped
1 yellow pepper, halved, seeded, and chopped
1 small red onion, small diced
3/4 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- In a large mixing bowl gently toss veggies together.
- Drizzle with sauce mixture and fold again.
- Cover and let marinade for 15-30 minutes.
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup (or more) pitted black olives, sliced
3 green onions sliced thin
FRESH minced parsley for garnish
- JUST before serving fold in olives, cheese and green onions.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
AVOCADO PEACH CHICKEN SALAD with HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled to perfection and sliced 😀
1 large peach, washed and sliced
1 large RIPE avocado, sliced
1 bunch green onions or 1 large shallot, sliced thin
4 strips bacon, diced, browned andcrisp
3 cups torn romaine or watercress lettuce
- Arrange ingredients on plate.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup QUALITY balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
Juice of 1 Lime
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
Pinch FRESH ground sea salt
- Add ingredients into a glass container or jar with a lid.
- Shake jar vigorously until completely combined.
- Serve on your favorite salad.
- Store in the refrigerator.
NOTES: When using cold from the refrigerator make sure you shake it up REALLY well to re-blend the ingredients. I usually run my jar under warm water before giving it a good shake and if that doesn’t mix it enough a few seconds in the microwave should thin it enough to make mixable!
Looking for the perfect summer meal without turning on the oven or grill? Well, here it is, the PERFECT summer salad full of flavor and satisfying to everyone. I make the dressing in a double batch so there is always extra and preparing the bacon the night before after the sun sets keeps you cool too.
BLT SALAD with CREAMY CHIVE DRESSING
12 ounce package center cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely minced FRESH chives
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1-2 tablespoons buttermilk (yep, that reads milk :D)
1 head green leaf or Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
1 package grape tomatoes, halved
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced OR 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
8 ounces of sourdough bread, WELL toasted, lightly buttered and cut into cubes
- Whisk together the vinegar, garlic and salt. Let stand 10 minutes. This will help mellow the flavor a bit.
- Whisk in sour cream and avocado oil until well blended.
- Fold in chives.
- Thin with milk to desired consistency.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and bacon pieces.
- Fold in toasted bread pieces.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with additional chives and ENJOY!
DECONSTRUCTED PORK EGG ROLL SALAD serves 2
1 + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin angularly – separate whites from greens
2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and sliced thin angularly
2 ounces sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons Ponzu sauce (store bought or make your own – recipe below)
1 small package slaw mix (cabbage with shredded carrots and red cabbage)
Fresh Gourmet crispy wonton strips
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add pork and white portions of green onions. Add a pinch of salt and cooking until pork is broken up and pink is gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Ponzu sauce and stir to mix well.
- Remove pork mixture and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to hot pan.
- Add celery, slaw mix and a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring for a couple minutes until celery is crisp tender.
- Add pork mixture bak to pan along with remaining Ponzu sauce and stir to mix well.
- Divide the mixture between bowls and top with crispy wontons and green onion tops.
- Drizzle sauce over top.
1/2 cup Bragg’s amino acids
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill.
Linked with Deb in Hawaii at Kahakai Kitchen
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
5 ounces baby spinach
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon warm bacon grease
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
2 1/2 tablespoons golden vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon olive oil
1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toss together the spinach, strawberries and shallots in a large bowl.
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate and set aside to cool.
- Start the bacon in a cold medium skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate; leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Take the skillet off the heat and whisk in the mustard and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vinegar and then whisk in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the bacon and almonds to the salad, pour over the bacon vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON