APRICOT PINEAPPLE PORK CHOPS with SWEET & SOUR RED CABBAGE
4 boneless pork loin chops (no thicker than 1/2 inch)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup Smucker’s Apricot Pineapple jam
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously season pork chops.
- Using the pan you cooked the bacon in, heat over medium high heat.
- Add pork chops and sear for 2 1/2 minutes per side. Remove to baking sheet. Keep warm in pre-heated oven for 7 minutes.
- In the same pan add onions to remaining bacon drippings and saute’ until soft.
- Add jam and continue sauteing until heated through and slightly reduced.
- Add pork chops to pan, turning to coat well.
- Serve with a small amount of sauce over each pork chop.
SWEET & SOUR RED CABBAGE
3 slices bacon, chopped, cooked crisp (save bacon drippings)
1/2 head red cabbage
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 small red onion
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cup + 1 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Wash and shred cabbage.
- Cut onion into thin rings.
- In a dutch oven bring 1 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup white vinegar to a boil.
- Add shredded cabbage and onion rings.
- Cook until tender, but still crisp. DRAIN.
- Add 4 tablespoons bacon drippings, 1 cup water and apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and flour whisking until well blended.
- Add the cabbage and onions, coating well.
- Heat through.
- Top with crumbled bacon before serving.