24+ tangerines (6 cups sections + 1 1/2 cups juice + 2 cups small cut rind slices)
7 cups sugar
1 cup QUALITY honey
1 liquid pectin pouch (3 ounces)
1 tablespoon butter
- Peel tangerines, reserving rinds for later. Remove loose pith.
- Using a cutting board with a reservoir to catch the juices, cut sections into small chopped pieces. You should have 6 cups of chopped fruit.
- Pour off juice to measure. Off set with FRESH squeezed juice to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Slice rinds into VERY thin strips until you have 2 cups worth.
- Add fruit, juice, rinds, sugar and honey to large stock pot. Bring to a FULL ROLLING boil.
- Add pectin continuing to boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in butter and skim any remaining froth.
- Immediately ladle into hot sterilized jars.
- Process in water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool jars inverted on a towel until cool.
NOTE: 1 bag of Cuties has about 30 tangerines in it.
We are trying really hard to get tons of vegetables in our diet.This is one of those recipes that gets you your full days worth all at once and is so tasty too!
SWEET & SPICY MANDARIN TANGERINE CHICKEN
2 large chicken pieces, cut into bite sized pieces
2 stalks celery, sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
1 cup snap peas, cleaned and halved
2 tangerines, peeled, halved and sectioned
1 small head broccoli, cleaned and pieced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Frank’s Sweet Chili Sauce
1/4 cup tangerine juice (orange juice is good too)
Juice of 1 lemon
Soba noodles, prepared per package
- In a small sauce pan whisk together the lemon juice, tangerine juice, sweet chili sauce and red pepper flakes bring to a slow boil. Turn off the heat.
- Heat sesame oil in wok or wok type pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic until fragrant.
- Dredge chicken pieces in Wondra flour and add to pan when oil is hot. Stir fry until chicken pieces are brown and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary and then stir fry the celery until starts to soften.
- Add carrots, followed by green onions, snap peas and broccoli cooking until desired tenderness.
- Add tangerine pieces to sauce, tossing to coat.
- Add chicken back in.
- Add sauce to pan and toss to coat.
- Fold in Soba noodles.
- Serve over rice.
This meal is labor intensive, but really worth it. Chopping all those vegetables takes a bit of time.