JALAPENO BBQ MEATBALLS aka TANGY SMOKEY MEATBALLS
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 LARGE egg, beaten
1 cup quick cooking oats
6 ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Line a large jelly roll pan with foil. Use 2 pans if necessary.
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, oats, milk, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well blended.
- Add the ground beef and mix thoroughly.
- Shape meat into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.
- While baking, prepare sauce.
- At 30 minutes, pour off grease and combine meatballs onto a single tray.
- Pour sauce over meatballs, turning balls to coat.
- Return pan to oven and bake another 20 minutes.
1 cup jalapeño ketchup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a saucepan whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a SLOW boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
CREAMED BASIL CHICKEN
Skillet Basil Cream Chicken has always been one of my favorite recipes. Creamy sauce made with buttermilk and cheese, breaded chicken, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and more make up this super easy, delicious, and fool-proof chicken dinner. ADAPTED from Becky Hardin – The Cookie Rookie
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 cup heavy cream
1 shallot, sliced thin
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 (4 ounce) can pimentos, drained OR 2 small sweet peppers, diced
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons garlic & herb cheese, like Boursin
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and cover with buttermilk for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes or until bottom side is crispy and golden brown.
- Add remaining butter and oil and flip the breasts over.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots to pan, cooking until soft.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until starting to caramelize.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to the skillet to deglaze, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cream, pimentos or peppers and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan cheese, garlic-herb cheese, basil and black pepper.
- Simmer and cook until sauce reduces by half.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over pasta with sauce.