SPINACH SALAD with PEACH VINAIGRETTE serves 6-8 adapted from Alli Kelley from Longourn Farms
4 cups baby spinach or favorite lettuce mix
4 cups coleslaw mix
+/- 1 cup Craisins
1/2 cup candied walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 large peach, peeled and sliced
Peach vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- Toss together the spinach and coleslaw in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle in the raisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss together.
- Drizzle dressing over, tossing periodically until desired amount is reached.
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup diced peaches (with skin removed)
2 tablespoons celery seeds
- Blend all the ingredients except the celery seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in celery seeds.
AVOCADO PEACH CHICKEN SALAD with HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled to perfection and sliced 😀
1 large peach, washed and sliced
1 large RIPE avocado, sliced
1 bunch green onions or 1 large shallot, sliced thin
4 strips bacon, diced, browned andcrisp
3 cups torn romaine or watercress lettuce
- Arrange ingredients on plate.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup QUALITY balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
Juice of 1 Lime
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
Pinch FRESH ground sea salt
- Add ingredients into a glass container or jar with a lid.
- Shake jar vigorously until completely combined.
- Serve on your favorite salad.
- Store in the refrigerator.
NOTES: When using cold from the refrigerator make sure you shake it up REALLY well to re-blend the ingredients. I usually run my jar under warm water before giving it a good shake and if that doesn’t mix it enough a few seconds in the microwave should thin it enough to make mixable!
SWEET ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon FRESH oregano, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons FRESH parsley, minced or 2 teaspoons dried
1 tablespoon FRESH basil, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon FRESH tarragon, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon sugar
Fresh ground Himalayan Salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup white truffle olive oil
3/4 cup avocado oil
- Add ALL the ingredients into a mason jar.
- Screw the lid on tightly and shake vigorously.
- The dressing will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Pour over your favorite salad ingredients and enjoy!
NOTE: If using dried herbs make the dressing several hours before you need it so the flavors can absorb into the dressing.
A true Panzanella is made with stale Italian bread, but croutons can be used in a pinch for a quick week night meal. It also calls for prosciutto, but I rarely have that on hand and have found that bacon works just as well for my family. Personally, I do not like olive oil so have substituted avocado oil and butter. You can also adjust the vegatable combinations to what you have on hand and/or your family’s taste palette. The key is the bread ratio to making this a true Panzanella salad.
At this time of year especially, I have plenty of homemade croutons for the Thanksgiving stuffing making this the perfect time to have this wonderful salad. **I use a combination of sourdough bread and hamburger buns. I tuck away in the freezer all the stale bread for several weeks/months before the holiday season just to have the versatility of flavors.
2 cups stale rustic Italian bread, torn into bite size pieces**
1/8 cup avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup torn romaine leaves
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
1/2 pound grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1/2 – 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepperoncinis, to taste (optional)
DRESSING also see alternate VINAIGRETTE BELOW
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons Golden Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine avocado oil and melted butter.
- Add bread pieces and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and toss again to mix.
- Arrange bread pieces in a single layer and toast in oven until crisp – about 30 minutes or so.
- In a large skillet brown bacon pieces in a single layer until browned and crisp. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until emulsified. Set aside.
- While the bread is toasting prepare vegetables by washing and chopping.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the spinach, torn romaine, red onion, basil, tomato halves, mozzarella cheese, cooled bacon pieces and cooled toast pieces.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
3 tablespoons tequila
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (2 large limes)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, chopped
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄2 cup avocado oil
fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients except for the avocado oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the oil into the bowl with a whisk until the mixture becomes emulsified.
- Season as necessary.
SHARING with FOODIE FRIDAY and TASTY THURSDAY.
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
5 ounces baby spinach
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon warm bacon grease
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
2 1/2 tablespoons golden vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon olive oil
1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toss together the spinach, strawberries and shallots in a large bowl.
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate and set aside to cool.
- Start the bacon in a cold medium skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate; leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Take the skillet off the heat and whisk in the mustard and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vinegar and then whisk in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the bacon and almonds to the salad, pour over the bacon vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON