CHOCOLATE RUM CRUNCH COOKIES
12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
2 cups mini marshmallows
18 saltine crackers, crushed
2 cups honey nut Rice Chex, crushed
- In a large saucepan melt the butter.
- Add chocolate chips gradually until melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add extracts and stir smooth.
- Add marshmallows and stir until well coated.
- Add cereal and crackers, stirring to coat and blend well. Mixture will be loose and crumbly.
- Divide mixture in half onto 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Using the back of the spoon and wax paper shape into a log shape and roll into the wax paper.
- Chill logs for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into slices and serve.