BRUSCHETTA AVOCADOS – Luscious tomatoes, FRESH basil and red onion are tossed in a balsamic vinegar with a touch of garlic and avocado oil and then gently stuffed into avocado halves for a incredible summer dinner with no oven or stove to heat up the house. Adapted from Cafe Delites
2 ripe Roma tomatoes,finely chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
scant tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
2 ripe avocados – peeled, seeded and halved
2 tablespoons balsamic REDUCTION – store bought or see recipe below
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss well to evenly meld all of the flavors.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate.
- Spoon the filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with chopped FRESH basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
BALSAMIC REDUCTION (homemade)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon PACKED light brown sugar (OPTIONAL)
- Combine brown sugar sugar with vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.
NOTE: If not using sugar, allow plain balsamic vinegar to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat.