When I first saw this recipe, the tomatoes are what intrigued me the most and the baby spinach the least, but we tried it anyway. It was really quite good, except hubby really hated the tomatoes. Next time we will be using mushrooms instead of tomatoes. We also had the rice, but will do mashed potatoes next time. I also used my wok and will add a bunch more veggies like broccoli and snow peas.
CREAMY CHICKEN & VEGGIES
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ Vidalia onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin or minced
1 teaspoon minced FRESH thyme
1 ¼ cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1 ½ cup chopped baby spinach
1 SMALL lemon, juiced and zest
Prepared rice, mashed potatoes or pasta
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- GENEROUSLY season chicken pieces with your FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet searing 4-5 minutes until golden brown before turning.
- Flip chicken and add tomatoes, onion, garlic and thyme. Cook 3-4 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Whisk together the chicken stock and flour. Add to skillet, stirring to mix. Be sure to scrape all the tasty tidbits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a SLOW boil until sauce thickens.
- Add spinach, lemon zest and lemon juice, stirring to mix well.
- Serve immediately over prepared rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.