BANANA FOSTERS BUTTER
8 ripe, firm large bananas
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons light rum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mash bananas until smooth. Transfer bananas to a pot.
- Stir in sugars, lemon juice, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jars clean, add lids and rings.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.