CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO PARMESAN CHICKEN
1 1/2 pounds large THINLY sliced boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 shallot, sliced thin
1 cup sliced mushrooms
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper (adjust to your tastes)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
5 ounce jar sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
5-6 button mushrooms, diced
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 – 2 cups spinach (optional)
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken for 2 minutes or so each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a warm plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Add shallots and garlic, sautéing a minute or so until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms if using sautéing 1-2 more minutes to release their flavors.
- Add paprika and Italian seasoning, stirring to blend.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low.
- Add white wine and then the heavy cream, stirring to blend.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the Parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a few minutes until cheese melts and blends into sauce.
- Add in spinach leaves if using and allow to wilt in the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta.